This work of faith was started in 1935 by Orban Stout. He began by printing gospel tracts with a small press that you could carry in your arms. In the late 1930’s he used to give out tracts to people who gathered at a community kitchen in Edmonton, Alberta for a meal, because unemployment was very high.
Later he moved to a double garage where he printed hundreds of thousands of tracts which were sent to missionaries and lay people in foreign countries. He sent them out free of charge, relying on donations from supporters close to home. ETD moved again in later years to a spacious building where tracts could be produced much quicker. Today we continue to produce millions of tracts every year in English, as well as countless other languages.
If your church or mission organization need gospel tracts for short term mission trips, or personal outreach, please feel free to contact us for a supply. You can choose the titles and language you require by going to our menu at the top of the HOME page, and clicking on SHOP FOR TRACTS.
Our Statement of Faith explains what we stand for and the truths we follow.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We stand for and emphasize the foundation truths held in common by Evangelical Christians; our basis of fellowship being a oneness of heart and mind in all things of the Lord and adherence to the historic Christian faith expressed as follows:
1. The Bible, which is verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the infallible and authoritative Word of God.
2. The triune Godhead in three Persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. The personality of Satan, called the Devil, and his present control over unregenerate mankind.
4. The fall and lost estate of man, whose total depravity makes necessary the new birth.
5. The deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, death, bodily resurrection, present exaltation at God’s right hand and personal and imminent return.
6. The atonement by the substitutionary death and shed blood of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
7. The resurrection of the saved unto everlasting life and blessedness in Heaven and the resurrection of the unsaved unto everlasting punishment in Hell.
8. The Church, the Body or Bride of Christ, consisting only of those who have repented of their sins and accepted Him as their personal Lord and Saviour, for whom He now makes intercession in Heaven and for whom He shall come again.
9. Christ’s commission to the Church to go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
All Scripture used in our literature is quoted from the AUTHORIZED KING JAMES VERSION.